Hello Every one. Welcome to my blog. Today we will learn about WHAT ARE THE QUALITIES OF GOOD BUILDING STONES.
A GOOD BUILDING STONE should have the following qualities:
- The crushing strength of the stones should be greater than 100 N/mm2.
- Stones must be decent in appearance & be of uniform color.
- Stones must be durable.
- Fracture should be sharp & clear.
- For a good building stone co-efficient of hardness should not less than 14.
- It must have a wear less than 3%.
- It must have a specific gravity (SG) of greater than 2.7.
- It must have a compact, fine, crystalline structure, strong & durable.
- The toughness index must not less than 13.
- It must be acid resistant & free from any soluble matter.
- When a stone is immersed in water for 24 hours, the percentage absorption by weight should not exceed 0.6.
WHAT ARE THE EFFECTS OF MAXIMUM SIZE OF AGGREGAT ON THE STRENGTH OF CONCRETE
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PILE,PIER,COLUMN,PILLAR
HOW TO CALCULATE NUMBER OF BRICKS AND NUMBER OF CEMENT BAGS
HOW TO CALCULATE VOLUME OF CONCRETE IN A CANTILEVER RETAILING WALL
HOW TO CALCULATE VOLUME OF CONCRETE IN COUNTERFORT RETAINIG WALL